Mixpod


Music

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Summer Playlist for Your MP3 Player

Imagine yourself swinging on a hammock, sipping from a tall glass of ice tea or getting a tan on the beach, listening to these songs:
  • Summer Breeze by Seals & Croft - Summer breeze makes me feel fine, blowin’ through the jasmine in my mind
  • You've Got a Friend by Carole King & James Taylor - Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there, you've got a friend
  • 99 Red Balloons by Nena - Floating in the summer sky 99 red balloons go by
  • Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles - Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear; here comes the sun, here comes the sun, and I say it's all right, it's all right
  • The Things We did Last Summer by the Beach Boys - The boat rides we would take, the moonlight on the lake, the way we danced and hummed our fav’rite song, the things we did last summer I’ll remember all winter long
  • Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer by Nat King Cole - You'll wish that summer could always be here, roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer, those days of soda and pretzels and beer, roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer, dust off the sun and moon and sing a song of cheer
  • The Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra - The summer wind, came blowin’ in from across the sea, it lingered there, so warm and fair to walk with me, all summer long, we sang a song and strolled on golden sand, two sweethearts, and the summer wind
  • Indian Summer by the Doors - I love you the best, better than all the rest that I meet in the summer
  • Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard - We’re all going on a summer holiday, no more working for a week or two, fun and laughter on a summer holiday, no more worries for me and you for a week or two, we’re going where the sun shines brightly, we’re going where the sea is blue, we’ve seen it in the movies, now let’s see if it’s true
  • A Summer Song by Chad & Jeremy - Trees swayin' in the summer breeze, showin' off their silver leaves as we walked by, soft kisses on a summer's day, laughing all our cares away just you and I
  • Summer Me, Winter Me by Johnny Mathis - Summer me, winter me, and with your kisses morning me, evening me, and as the world slips far away, star away, forever me with love
  • San Francisco by Scott Mackenzie - If you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair, if you're goin' to San Francisco you're gonna meet some gentle people there, for those who come to San Francisco summer time will be a love-in there
  • Green Leaves of Summer by the Brothers Four - A time to be reaping, a time to be sowing, the green leaves of summer are calling me home, 'twas so good to be young then in the season of plenty when the catfish were jumping as high as the sky
  • On the Beach by Cliff Richard - I can think of nothin' better than dancin' on the beach, see a girl, you can go and get her, all your troubles will be out of reach on the beach, you can dance to a rock 'n' roll on the beach, here the Basanova played with soul on the beach, you can dance and twist and shout
  • Summertime by Billie Holiday - Summertime, and the livin' is easy, fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high, your daddy's rich and your mamma's good lookin', so hush little baby don't you cry, one of these mornings you're going to rise up singing then you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky
  • Theme from A Summer Place by the Lettermen - There's a summer place where it may rain or storm yet I'm safe and warm, for within that summer place your arms reach out to me and my heart is free from all care
  • Summer Nights by John Travolta & Olivia Newton John - Summer lovin' had me a blast, summer lovin', happened so fast, I met a girl crazy for me, I met a boy, cute as can be, summer days driftin' away, to uh-oh those summer nights

No comments: