Mab: What are you planning to do? Use your puny sword?
Merlin: I'm not. I'm just going to FORGET you. (Turns to leave with the rest of the humans)
In counterpoint to Ian's boycott measure, I propose preliminary, simpler, more commonsense measures just as Merlin and the humans did:
- switch channels or just turn off the TV every time Kris appears on it. TV viewers have to remember that they have this POWER.
- if you see "that woman" in the pages of the newspaper/magazine you're reading, flip to another page or article. If she's in the cover, tear it off, ball it up and throw it at the nearest trash can (make sure it is segregated). If you have a marking pen, blacken out her picture. If her eponymous magazine is on a rack, skip it over.
- when stuck in heavy traffic, ignore her ubiquitous billboards and instead conduct a survey on the thingimajigs that car owners in front and in either side of you hang in their front and back windshields.
- if you hear her colegiala accented voice on the radio, turn down/mute the volume or switch stations.
- if she is the topic of chitchats in the office, school, canteen, fx/bus/jeepney or anywhere, whip out and turn up your ipods, mp3 players, portable radios, and cellphones with mp3 player/fm radio. If you want to be bitchy, just tell the talkers to just shut up.
- ask your techie friends to write a computer program that will block/filter any item referring to "that woman."
- if you receive phone-survey callers, tell them you don't watch shows/read newspapers or magazines/listen to radio programs that feature her even if the survey question is about how many times you've gone hungry in the past month.
- when someone initiates a conversation with you about her, just say "Whoooo?"