The books that keep me awake most nights since the start of 2008 are:
- Personal and Impersonal by the recently-departed Rene Villanueva
- DC Comics - A celebration of the world's favorite comic book heroes by Les Daniels
- Aphrodite - A Memoir of the Senses by Isabel Allende
- The Courage to Teach - Exploring the innder landscape of a teacher's life by Parker Palmer
- and a trio of books edited by Lena Lencek and Gideon Bosker: The Beach - The history of paradise on earth, Beach - Stories by the sand and sea, and Escape - Stories of getting away.